Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

And then there's this

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

And then there's this

Postby tacon1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:00 pm

Bill O’Reilly is no longer at Fox News and there definitely seemed to be some factors at play other than the alleged sexual harassment.

Sexual harassment is a terrible thing but a settlement doesn’t mean you are guilty.

In fact, many wealthy people settle rather than go through a drawn out trial.

We also told you that there were l*iberal groups actively working to get O’Reilly fired.

On top of that, it looks like the wives of the Fox News bosses were directly involved in getting rid of Bill.

From The New York Daily News:

Sarah and Kathryn Murdoch — the wives of the ousted talk show host’s young bosses — are at least partially responsible for his humiliating exit from Fox News Wednesday.

Sarah, 44, is a progressive-minded, British-born Australian model, former host of “Australia’s Next Top Model” — and wife of Lachlan Murdoch, co-chairman of Fox News Channel parent, 21st Century Fox. She was also instrumental in convincing her husband to boot the controversial O’Reilly, company sources told MediaBlast. “These woman have unique access and complete trust (of Lachlan and James),” a Fox News executive said.

“They’re very progressive and the O’Reilly situation has infuriated them.”

Turns out the wives were behind paying the accusers millions of dollars.

Doesn’t really sound like these two were especially concerned with getting to the bottom of things.

Once the Murdoch family made up their mind, there wasn’t much Bill could do.

Oh, and let’s not forget this connection between Kathryn Murdoch and someone you’ve probably heard of.

From Politico:

I thought I’d begin this thing on comfortable terrain, with a small advance on a reportorial obsession of mine: Rupert Murdoch’s relationship with Bill and H*illary C*linton.

Here’s how close they’ve grown: Murdoch’s daughter-in-law, Kathryn (center, above), is currently employed by none other than the C*linton Foundation (!), working with old-time C*lintonite Ira Magaziner (!!) on climate change issues (!!!). Kathryn Murdoch is married to the London-based James Murdoch, who’s now the heir apparent to the family empire; she’s described in print as a model and marketing executive.

Yikes…
tacon1

Re: And then there's this

Postby GazaGuru » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:36 pm

What a tangled web. Lachlan is a very smart cookie. Those that underestimate him soon get a rude shock.

Wylie
GazaGuru

Postby REt » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Guess it all boils down to Bill keeping his hormones in check.
Ret
REt

Postby Dieselrider » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:54 am

REt wrote:Guess it all boils down to Bill keeping his hormones in check.
Ret

You obviously have forgotten to read the OP.
Dieselrider

Postby REt » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:27 am

Comeon DR, think of all the well known men that have been brought down by scandals with willing women. Evidently Ailes and Bill did not care whether they were willing or not
Ret
REt

Postby mowmud » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:24 am

I wonder how many of them willing women got their judgement clouded by $$$. I haven't been staying tight with the news... but I think I heard he took a multi million dollar severance package. Lawyers is where the problem lies. If people would re-learn how to shut up and ride... our country would be a better place. Instead, we busy ourselves giving out participation trophies.

...and we all buy into it. Disgusting.
mowmud

Postby Dieselrider » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:17 am

REt wrote:Comeon DR, think of all the well known men that have been brought down by scandals with willing women. Evidently Ailes and Bill did not care whether they were willing or not
Ret

You being so sure in this case without any evidence. Sure glad you are not passing judgement on judgement day like you do here.
Dieselrider

Postby REt » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:15 am

Dieselrider wrote:
REt wrote:Comeon DR, think of all the well known men that have been brought down by scandals with willing women. Evidently Ailes and Bill did not care whether they were willing or not
Ret

You being so sure in this case without any evidence. Sure glad you are not passing judgement on judgement day like you do here.

You got to put ýour political views behind you and see it as it is.. I been watching Fox and Bill for about as long as it has been on. Roger didn't fight his dismissal and neither did Bill. At their age and millions why not just pay and avoid a messy court fight. Some of Bills settlements. were sealed and plaintiffs could not talk about the case.
No doubt , when the Murdock boys took over they did want to get rid of Bill. This latest accusation gave them the opportunity and they took it
Ret rather talk tractors
REt

Postby Dieselrider » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:56 am

REt wrote:

Ret rather talk tractors

And yet, even though you didn't start this thread, you continually bring up these types of subjects on a regular basis.
Dieselrider

Postby REt » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:44 am

Sorry you are in such a bad mood today. That happens when you own a red tractor
Ret
REt

Postby mowmud » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Monkeys are hard to regulate. That is why the politicians favor gun control...can't let the peons have a voice. I'm done with crap being shoved down my throat. If I'm paying for this nonsense... you will answer me. Or you will go by the wayside.
mowmud

Return to General Discussion