Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

What was the effect of the farm bill the Fed's passed?

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

What was the effect of the farm bill the Fed's passed?

Postby Lightening Bug » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:05 am

We discussed the farm bill sometime awhile ago when toot/gene was still on KL. But I haven't seen any follow up on what effect it has had on farmers. I'm curious what was the effect of the farm bill?

I mentioned I'm reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. The focus of the book is in what life is like on a farm and the surrounding farming community. One remark she has made is the impact of corporations or developers coming into a community. They ply their trade and then often leave the area . Meanwhile too often the farming community has been hurt.

In MD and our county laws have been passed that create conservation areas and the farmers are compensated for putting their farms into conservation.

What is it like where you live?

Just wondering.

Take care. :D
Lightening Bug

Re: What was the effect of the farm bill the Fed's passed?

Postby Lightening Bug » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:14 pm

Well I've found some sites that discuss the Fed farm bill.

But what I don't see is the commentary and response from farmers on how it has affected them.

I wish toot was still here. He and his wife were connected to the life of farmers. I hope someone else can explain if the farm bill was good for them or not.

Of course the issue with farmers is maybe I should come back in winter. They won't be up to their ears in taking care of their fields and bringing in crops.

My mistake, sorry.

Take care and be well KLers. :D
Lightening Bug

Return to General Discussion