Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Delicious Duck Eggs

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Delicious Duck Eggs

Postby wallsal55 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:27 pm

Our country market sells Duck Eggs along with the best brown eggs. Comes from their farm. Anyway, the Duck Egg was delicious ! Only then, I do not feel so good. Not sure if it is the egg allergy kicking back in. Or reading about Rose Acre farms recall. :lol:
Took a benadryl as I was quite warm/hot. These new large large eggs may be too much. :oops: darn. Probably back to peanut butter & rice cakes for breakfast for a while.
wallsal55

Re: Delicious Duck Eggs

Postby Salmoneye » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:33 pm

I get duck eggs for free from my Sister...

Nothing better for baking, and they make the best scrambled eggs...
Salmoneye

Location: The Spooky House At The End Of The Lane With Grass Growing Down The Middle

Postby Bamabear » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:42 am

I heard they were great for baking cakes. never tried them.
Bamabear

Postby screamer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:45 am

When I was about five years old, a lady gave me a duckling that her child got for easter. It was my job to feed and water the duck every morning. About October, I found a giant egg out in the duck's area of the barn. There was an egg almost every morning for three years. The egg would be my breakfast before school every day. One summer afternoon, a stray beagle came around and killed a few chickens and my duck. My dad shot the beagle. Over the years, it got so that I really got a yearning for duck eggs. When we got a place in the country, I got some khaki Campbell ducks, known for their egg production. I replaced the ducks as they aged until 4 years ago when the house burned. Some thing got into the pen and killed the last two. On Saturday, I picked up 8 khaki Campbell ducklings. Should be back into egg production come october.
screamer

Postby screamer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:48 am

Btw, a farm a few miles away, gets $10 a dozen for duck eggs.
screamer

Postby Salmoneye » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:33 pm

My Sister gets $4/dozen...
Salmoneye

Location: The Spooky House At The End Of The Lane With Grass Growing Down The Middle

Return to General Discussion