Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Belated Happy Mother's Day

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Belated Happy Mother's Day

Postby Alias » Mon May 14, 2018 11:19 am

I laid off the computer all day yesterday and, I wasn't here to wish all of the mothers on K/L a Happy Mother's Day. So, this will serve to make up for my delinquency.

Our children took Nancy out to a local eatery for Breakfast and I was allowed to tag along. ;) With the kids and grand kids our party totaled an even dozen souls. The rest of the day was spent lazing around acause of the rainy drizzle.

Any hoo, For the mothers I hereby offer for your viewing and listening enjoyment this video made especially for mothers.......

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cTpi5AQ_t8
Alias

Re: Belated Happy Mother's Day

Postby wallsal55 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:21 pm

Thank You ! Watched Mother's Day morph into new territory... I guess adult children no longer listen to me anymore, lol. Just relinquish all control. Said we wanted to lay low on Sunday. Leave it open. No running water or heat at the trailer at the river, so I was not too thrilled. But they still wanted to hang there, of course. Daughter wanted to cook spaghetti lasagna. Ok. Come find out there was no gas in the tanks, so hubby made special trip for propane. lol.
Granddaughter & grandson refused to nap--they may miss something. So wild times followed for those 2 with their inner turmoils. I didn't do much at all. But that's OK I believe.
The day winds up with me giving my 3rd speech of the past 3 weeks to have grandson looked at, (ear, nose, throat) to rule out a physical problem or he has a behavior problem. Then I rescued all the dirty dishes to drag home to hot, sudsy water ! So that was my role. I'm learning to save up my energy for the end of our "adventures" as little Andrew calls them. :lol:
wallsal55

Postby Doris~GC » Tue May 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Thank you Alias, It sounds like a great Mother's Day to me.

I appreciate you remembering!

Doris~GC
Doris~GC

Postby mowmud » Tue May 15, 2018 11:11 pm

I've created a couple posts and I can't figure out how I let this one slip my attention.

To all you Moms out there... Everyday should be Mothers Day. Bless you all.

My cynical mind gets to wondering though... I wonder what happens in the 'hood on Ma's day? I'm picturing people running around in the streets.
mowmud

Postby Bamabear » Wed May 16, 2018 9:18 am

Thanks , spent the morning with my Mom, took her breakfast, then came home and worked in the yard... never seen my children at all. no cards... oh well......
Bamabear

Return to General Discussion