Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Looking 4 anti-grump formula

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Looking 4 anti-grump formula

Postby wallsal55 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:47 pm

Yesterday was wonderful for me. Had to go to an appointment. Husband couldn't drive me so I believed I could do it myself once I got movin'. All went swell. The restaurant I chose, fed me well nutitionally & bottomless cup of decaf. I drove & shopped. Was gone 7 hours ! (felt like I could have gone on longer! I really didn't want to come home!) Anyway, pulled in drive at 5 p.m. Realized at 90 plus degrees, the timing was right to rehydrate with water. And fit in light dinner as lunch was still with me !
So, today was total opposite. Slow mo, grumpy. I know we went camping & I held up well for 7 days getting through the town 4th celebration, packing, camping, tests of patience & unpacking. But pulling in the drive with the trailer, I felt I didn't want to come home. "Don't bring me home".
Anybody else go through this ?
It might be a woman thing--because I know what goes on --in, on & around the homefront.
wallsal55

Re: Looking 4 anti-grump formula

Postby Alias » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:31 am

Reads to me like you pushed yourself a little hard yesterday. Maybe the heat had something to do with wearing you down. So, I suggest you just lay back and take a long break today. .........gfp
Alias

Postby GazaGuru » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:13 pm

I second what Alias said. Take it easy.

Wylie
GazaGuru

Postby Lightening Bug » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:41 pm

Maybe do what Gaza Guru and Alias said. Then figure out to have some time for fun with your Grandchildren. Or periodically spend some time at the library.

Seems to me you seem to enjoy yourself when you are doing things outside the home. Sounds like something at home is making you uncomfortable there. :roll: Hope it can be resolved.

Take care and be well. :D
Lightening Bug

Postby wallsal55 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:55 pm

That's the word uncomfortable. Not sure what can be resolved. Lots been going on a long time.
I took 1/2 benadryl tablet as I believe there's a hayfever or environmental allergy going on. That made me feel better.
Lots going on-- on the homefront. Getting a new Water Maxx water softener- tomorrow--the first one lasted 17 years. Had black fingernails from manganese. Our son is making us do some legal paperwork--oh & they're spending the night. He's unhappy with his dad.
But...we have some great sweet corn from a farmer & my hubby said he would get rid of dilapidated sofa tomorrow. And pick up the sofa & loveseat at the auction house I spied. Auctioneer agreed to $60. Like new looking w/ pillows. So, maybe things can be looking up !
Us -- Same page?
wallsal55

Return to General Discussion