Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Hey Mowmud

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Hey Mowmud

Postby Alias » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:45 pm

I stopped by K/L tonight for one specific reason. But, alas, you let me down.
For shame, for shame.............gfp
Alias

Re: Hey Mowmud

Postby mowmud » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Yeah, I checked my notes... and I missed you're birthday ole boy. I'm taking care of my 74 year old Ma, and it's hard to keep a level train of thought. I wish that all old folks could keep their sense about them as you do.

My Ma is not one of those. Happy belated birthday you old coot. Sorry for missing posting it. My Ma doesn't like seeing me using a keyboard or a computer in general. I have to compute when shes napping.

Keep on knocking them out good man.
mowmud

Postby Alias » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:56 pm

mowmud wrote:Yeah, I checked my notes... and I missed you're birthday ole boy. I'm taking care of my 74 year old Ma, and it's hard to keep a level train of thought. I wish that all old folks could keep their sense about them as you do.

My Ma is not one of those. Happy belated birthday you old coot. Sorry for missing posting it. My Ma doesn't like seeing me using a keyboard or a computer in general. I have to compute when shes napping.

Keep on knocking them out good man.

It's not a big deal Mowmud. I've had so many birthdays one more or less doesn't make much difference. The honest truth is I just couldn't resist the opportunity to heckle you a bit. Hehehehehe

On my 82nd birthday, (Yesterday), my youngest son called to tell me he had some time on his hands so he brought breakfast sandwiches to my house. (My wife had already left to go for a medical test). While he was there my oldest son called and invited us out for dinner at a local dinner. As it turned out, all of our kids and grand kids showed up for my birthday dinner. I love it when my kids try to outdo the others. I get free food and the youngest son helped me set out 40 Butterfly Zenia plants in the wife's flower beds. It turned out to be a grand birthday.

I'm sorry to learn about your Ma. I have a sister-in-law that, on occasion, gets lost in never land. About a year ago she set out to go to a local supermarket here in Maryland and wound up in Long Island, NY. Fortunately, the police found her before a carjacker took her and her car for another joy ride................gfp
Alias

Postby tacon1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:25 pm

Gee, nobody remembered my birthday either.
tacon1

Postby smugpug » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:14 pm

How does anyone know when your birthday is? Is there a list somewhere?
smugpug

Postby mowmud » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:46 am

smugpug wrote:How does anyone know when your birthday is? Is there a list somewhere?

On the 'Board Index' side of the board, it tells birthdays based on info given when you joined. It took me about two years to compile my list. I did it in honor of the late Ms.~Lenore. She was the birthday lady.

My list is not 100% accurate and my notes are haphazard at best. I used to have quite a bit more time on my hands before I took my Mom in to care for.

Sorry Tac. I just don't, or can't, stay on things the way I used to. ~Lenore had it down to a science. May she rest in peace.
mowmud

Return to General Discussion