Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Somebody Won a Billion Buck$

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Somebody Won a Billion Buck$

Postby Red Dave » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:54 am

"One winning ticket was sold in Michigan for the $1 billion Mega Millions jackpot"

Anybody know somebody in Michigan who suddenly has money? I wouldn't even wish for that kind of money. Too much all at one time. Somebody's life is about to be turned upside down.
Red Dave

Re: Somebody Won a Billion Buck$

Postby Alias » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:22 am

I have close relatives in Michigan. Sure hope it was one of them. If so, I'm just as sure they would share with me. But, there's a slim chance it was anyone I know. I wasn't holding out much hope that I would win. But, just in case, I have been checking out the particulars on a 20 some thousand acre ranch in Montana that would be ideal as a secluded get-a-way place. I could have bought it for under a measly 12 million bucks. Drat it all................gfp
Alias

Postby Lightening Bug » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:58 pm

A good portion will go to the State. I you can take it on a monthly basis it would be less.

I wouldn't mind winning a billion dollars. It would take time to set up accounts. Then determine what to do with it. Maybe the hardest part would be making sure who you are working with to manage it is honest.

Guess won't need to be concerned = I don't buy lottery tickets.

Take care and be well. :D
Lightening Bug

Postby smugpug » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:29 pm

I live in Michigan, have family down in metro Detroit, and I am sure I am related to the winner or saved their life sometime
smugpug

Postby nadx » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:18 pm

Lightening Bug wrote:A good portion will go to the State. I you can take it on a monthly basis it would be less.

I wouldn't mind winning a billion dollars. It would take time to set up accounts. Then determine what to do with it. Maybe the hardest part would be making sure who you are working with to manage it is honest.

Guess won't need to be concerned = I don't buy lottery tickets.

Take care and be well. :D

lol....uhm, they would still receive probably like 500 million dollars...
nadx

Postby Bamabear » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:20 am

No one from the south ever wins it, always the North, i don't bother spending my money on it...
Bamabear

Postby nadx » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:03 pm

Bamabear wrote:No one from the south ever wins it, always the North, i don't bother spending my money on it...

missouri is considered a southern state by many and we have won some big jackpots so there's always hope ha
nadx

Postby Sid » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:44 pm

Red Dave wrote:" I wouldn't even wish for that kind of money. Too much all at one time

Well when you pick pockets and just pick money up off the ground you dang sure ain't gotta worry bout that happening :)
Sid

Postby mowmud » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:50 pm

Apparently somebody will need a bigger freezer and a knife sharpening service. :P
mowmud

Postby littleguns » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:30 pm

One thng to keep in mind is that money can't buy happiness (although I suppose it can rent it). The Happiness Survey, a research thing done very year for the past several decades, always seems to suggest that once people have enough resources to provide the basic necessities of life, additional money doesn't create proportionately greater happiness. (Although people with lots of money do tend to be happier than people with not enough to pay for basic needs.) Stories of lottery winners kind of messing up their lives are fairly common -- long-time relationships destroyed, bankruptcies after huge spending sprees, etc. That said, I'd be willing to take my chances (although my never buying lottery tickets greatly reduces my chance of winning) :lol:.
littleguns

Postby kyle18 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:49 pm

winning big money sometimes aien`t no good you`d have to get security to watch your kids with all the people unemployed it would look like easy $$$$ - lot of stories where lotto winners wish they never won
kyle18

Postby DoItMyself » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:46 pm

I always looked at it as a voluntary tax. And I made the choice never to pay a cent more in taxes than I had to.
DoItMyself

Return to General Discussion