Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Deer Harvest

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Deer Harvest

Postby wallsal55 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:52 pm

I am receiving deer hearts & one liver. This has never really bothered me before. Except this year all the deer seem so young they are shooting. (sigh) I know so many end up on a vehicle grill or alongside the road. And right now, we need to stretch the food bill for November. I do not hunt, but hubby does. He got a young buck two hours ago in the back woods. I grew up on 420 acres where deer were pets & I never remember deer-car accidents. We truly saw no need to shoot them. And did we have the habitat they needed. When the deer-car collisions were at an all time high, we would count 30 head of deer on dad's farm. The parcel dad sold, the new residents wanted the deer hunted as their new trees & garden were being eaten.
Oh well, guess I am getting soft again. I guess I remember the deer on the family farm of long ago--they're beauty against the wildernesses on the farm. I miss deer for pets. :D
wallsal55

Return to General Discussion