Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

If today was April First...

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

If today was April First...

Postby mowmud » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:48 am

I would of thought that rocket blasting off from Cape Canaveral was a hoax. What a sight, I watched it... online of course, couldn't see it out my window. If there ever was a reason to be terribly rich, this is it. A huge waste of money, yes. Employing thousands, furthering the basics of science. It was beautiful when both boosters landed at the same time. Haven't heard much about the third one, the big one called the secondary. I think it probably lit up. Hey NASA isn't using all that prime real estate, may as well rent it out.

The only downside I see is that every time a rocket goes up to space, it burns a gaping hole in our atmosphere. Even back in the space shuttle days, I noticed a correlation of weather and rocket launches. Maybe the true source of climate change.

I never thought I'd refer to the shuttles as being the good old days. Dang. I've done seen a lot in my day. Glad to be alive.

I was thinking it was a hoax, but I seen it on the evening news too. Not a chirp out of our local stations.
mowmud

Re: If today was April First...

Postby Clyde Fern » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:16 am

Some alien will probably see that car floating around out there and take it home with him.
Clyde Fern

Postby Coffee » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:58 am

Yesterday was a pretty spectacular success. But I think the Apollo moon launches were more beautiful, I mean the rockets of that program looked like prettier rockets. White and black, rockets, as I remember. Simple quality. Humans on board. Those launches gave me goose bumps every time. The Mercury program (sub-orbital flights were pretty awesome in those days) and John Glenn's orbiting the earth were memorable. I might go look at an Apollo launch on "youtube" right now. They must have some of those old videos. Probably have the countdowns and everything, I'd guess.
Coffee

Postby Coffee » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:12 am

Yes, "Apollo 11 Launch (Original NASA Video)" 1:44 by JP Major. "youtube."
Coffee

Return to General Discussion