Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Roll Call

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Roll Call

Postby Alias » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:10 am

I'm getting somewhat apprehensive about some members that haven't checked in here of late. I'm especially concerned about REt, graywolf and Mark H. in Washington state. So, for all you non posters out there, how about giving us a shout out and let us know how you're getting along.
.........gfp
Alias

Re: Roll Call

Postby kyle18 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:52 am

STAN DA MAN here [ alias KYLE ] good here in pinebluff N.C. -
kyle18

Postby Doris~GC » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:37 pm

Beautiful, chilly day here in S.West Illinois.

Doris~GC
Doris~GC

Postby Gerrit » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:16 pm

I just talked on the phone to Ret. He's been having some health problems and he's in the process of taking care of it. We'll stay in touch.

Here in Puerto Rio we're still without power but it looks like a Florida based linemen crew will start working in our neighborhood soon.
Last edited by Gerrit on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gerrit

Postby LeeNJ » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:09 pm

Lee here in icy northern NJ! I check ya out every day.
LeeNJ

Postby plowboy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:04 pm

Plowboy here,Well and kicking.Cool minus 9 C .snow. Check in
daily
plowboy

Postby Bill No Mn » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:05 am

Still kicking here in No Mn. Read the forum every day. Health so so. Bill
Bill No Mn

Postby rkunsaw » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:42 pm

I'm here. I read most every day but don't say much.
rkunsaw

Postby Willy-N » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:55 pm

I am still alive I think? Had surgery on my Pancreas Bile Duct done thru the mouth and into the pancreas. Been in pain for 5 years cause the VA could/would not fix it. Went to a outside doctor and it was fixed in 1 1/2 hours!! So now I can eat what I want again and still working on getting my weight back up from 123 to 130-135 lbs that I can be happy with. I no longer take 4-5- 7mg Hydrocodone's a day for pain just gave them up one day because they do more damage then good! In fact I only take 2 pills a day now instead of 13 plus prescriptions the VA gave me to get better?! I can live with out those 2 but they make life easier like sleeping at night. I read here off and on been enjoying all our snow this year to low with my new JD 4044M Tractor I bought with cash selling my 1948 Power Wagon 6X6 I built a couple years ago to a guy in California. Health is so important glad to have got some of it back again at 66 years of age!
Willy-N

Postby Alias » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:55 am

I've had chronic bronchitis for 30 or more years which seems to get worse with each passing year. I've tried everything I could find to cure it but to no avail. It comes and it goes, generally in the spring and again in fall. It is caused by grass and tree pollen/sap in the spring and rag weed and golden rod in the fall. I keep telling my wife we should, at least, try moving to Arizona or New Mexico but she keeps telling me to feel free to go but, she absolutely will not leave our the great grand kids.

Actually, For the most part, I can manage it fairly well. But, when it gets too severe I stay inside until the crisis subsides. To make it easier, I have an in-home oxygen concentration to use during the bad times. This, and an air purifier makes life a little more livable..........gfp
Alias

Postby Danny in CO » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:30 am

Alive and kicking in NW Arkansas! I guess I need to change my handle to Danny in AR!
Danny in CO

Postby GeneSC » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:45 am

Alias wrote:I've had chronic bronchitis for 30 or more years which seems to get worse with each passing year. I've tried everything I could find to cure it but to no avail. It comes and it goes, generally in the spring and again in fall. It is caused by grass and tree pollen/sap in the spring and rag weed and golden rod in the fall. I keep telling my wife we should, at least, try moving to Arizona or New Mexico but she keeps telling me to feel free to go but, she absolutely will not leave our the great grand kids.

Actually, For the most part, I can manage it fairly well. But, when it gets too severe I stay inside until the crisis subsides. To make it easier, I have an in-home oxygen concentration to use during the bad times. This, and an air purifier makes life a little more livable..........gfp

George, my wife has copd and her dr. put her on a home "Nebulizer" You put a little medication in the little mouth inhaler and turn it on and it kinda steams, inhale the steam and it really clears her lungs up fast. You should ask your doctor about one.
GeneSC

Postby Plugger » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:25 am

Plugger SE Iowa
Plugger

Postby UglyMutt » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:44 am

Greetings to all from Wise County, TX!

Nine months ago today my Bride passed away, so it has been a time of adjustment/adapting. I remember the past, but I do not
live there. Look forward to every day/week/month. Had the 'crud' for six weeks. Doc said it was not the flu or new-moan-yuh,
spent Christmas day in chair and dining on chicken noodle soup. Have been pruning peach orchard, just a few more trees to do
and will be ready for blooms. Should finish this week. Hands have been telling me about it!!

Anyway, just reporting in on what's has been happening here. And like a lot of the good folks on this board, I check in frequently.
24 degrees this AM, could hit 80 later on this week....that just ain't right!

Hugs all around,
UglyMutt
UglyMutt

Postby mowmud » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 pm

UglyMutt, Sorry for you missing your gal.Nice to see you make roll. A lot of old timers here. Been around since the old board.
mowmud

Next

Return to General Discussion