Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

country singer daryle singletary has passed away

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

country singer daryle singletary has passed away

Postby nadx » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:48 am

nadx

Re: country singer daryle singletary has passed away

Postby chamat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:28 pm

I looked to find the name..I had heard the name, but couldn't remember a song. I looked up his songs but still had never heard one. I listened to some...and still nothing registered. I think, I'm just too old. I play guitars and harmonicas and try to keep up, but for the life of me...I don't remember him. Too far away maybe? He was in Nashville, Tennessee and I'm west of Lubbock, Texas. I wish him well, and may he rest in peace. 46 is too young to die.
chamat

Postby mowmud » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:53 pm

Isn't the name of the guy in the OP, was of baseball fame. I don't follow sports and most music I listen to is more than 40 years old...c'mon you're the sports guy.
mowmud

Postby chamat » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:50 am

I listened to his songs, and he was a real good singer. I read that his brother plays or played football. Maybe that's where I heard the name...don't know. I hate that he died so young, and may he rest in peace.
chamat

Postby wallsal55 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:15 am

I do remember his name. I thought he sang one song that was popular with veterans. Doesn't mean he wrote it or got credit. He just sang it. I know he was good. Seems he didn't always have chart toppers according to wiki, so labels let him go. Looks like he did a lot of collaborating.
wallsal55

Postby Bamabear » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:31 am

too bad, he was so young....not much country music now, mostly pop "country" if you call it country, I listen to the old country like Loretta and George... and others remember Larry Gatlin ? Now ,those are REAL country.... I do NOT like Carrie Underwood, she does not sing, she yells... and nothing country about her new songs... none of them have country songs, all you have to do to write a "country" song now, is talk about daisy dukes , truck beds and beer, oh, yes and dirt roads, gets real old, not country , give me the older ones anytime.
Bamabear

Postby nadx » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:25 pm

indeed his hits were in the 90's

mowmud were you thinking of darrell strawberry (baseball player)

i remember this guys songs, he was good,,,,,,,also, about 2 years younger than me
nadx

Return to General Discussion