Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

hey CHAMAT

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

hey CHAMAT

Postby kyle18 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:13 am

i was there in 70 with the AMERICAL - good ole grunt we lived mostly in the jungle - some good times some bad - welcome home brother
kyle18

Re: hey CHAMAT

Postby chamat » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:43 am

Yeah, good and bad. One memory is of Miyuki Yamaguchi...she taught me how to write my name in Japanese. I was eighteen and so was she...but she was only seventeen. They count ages different there...they're one when they're born. I liked the country and the people there...the whole thing was very different from west Texas, and I liked it just fine. Never been back to southeast Asia, but it's a good place...with good people.Yeah, I know...lucky I got out of there alive.
chamat

Postby old geezer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:41 pm

Did you like listing to she ain't got no yo yo ? I had 3 assignment to the Far East . Korea 53-54 , Okinawa 60-62, veitnam 67-68..
old geezer

Postby chamat » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:07 pm

Yeah, I liked their songs...never knew what they were saying. But, it was better than them singing Hank Williams songs twice as fast...or the Beatles on high rpms. That just wasn't right.
chamat

Return to General Discussion