Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Advice??

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Advice??

Postby Bkeepr » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:33 am

I just want to verify my thoughts on a subject--a 39th wedding anniversary is no big deal, right? I mean it isn't like 1st or 50th or anything, right?

Mine is coming up in a few days, and I want to make sure a cheery "happy anniversary" over our morning coffee is sufficient, or if I need to spring for something big like one of those singing cards from the dollar store?

thoughts???
Bkeepr

Re: Advice??

Postby Alias » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:43 am

It all depends on how much you cherish peace and tranquility.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .........gfp
Alias

Postby Lightening Bug » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:07 am

I think a card and a single rose would be nice. From what you've said in the past your wife takes care of you - sooo it would be good to acknowledge her care.

Just a thought.

Take care. :D
Lightening Bug

Postby Salmoneye » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:46 am

Tell her you are already planning the 50th, and she will REALLY like it...

:mrgreen:
Salmoneye

Location: The Spooky House At The End Of The Lane With Grass Growing Down The Middle

Postby wallsal55 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:49 pm

We did something special for our 39th ! (I believe it was a cabin in January). Why ? Because we knew that our kids would want to plan something for us on our 40th. We also went through health struggles (BOTH of us!) after the 39th anniversary. So when 4-0 arrived, we were content to a simple family time with our kids, no gifts, just a card shower & photo bomb of us in the paper by the kids. A whole lot of gratitude on the 40th ! Many couples have done the 39th up big, because somebody else may plan something else for you !
wallsal55

Postby smugpug » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:07 pm

My wife and I just celebrated our 39th a week ago or so. A card, flower, maybe a dinner. Congratulations
smugpug

Postby mowmud » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:32 am

39 years is impressive. Congratulations. In the end, it is what you make of it.
mowmud

Postby sunfighter » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:52 am

46 years and counting. :) No need for anything special... Just having each other to cling to in good times and bad times is enough for us. 8-)
sunfighter

Postby Bkeepr » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:07 am

Life's always an adventure-- turns out we'll not be doing anything!

I appear to have contracted some form of the mumps. Yes, I did have them as a kid, and yes, I did get the vaccine when I was a bit older. Apparently there's 2 types, the one we all know about is viral, and the one the doc thinks I have is bacterial...but the same end result.

No fun, and I guess pretty unsafe for older folks. And I can't open my mouth wide enough and chew to get any good food in--had pancakes 2 meals in a row because I can sort of slide a piece in and gum it with my tongue.
But my honey of 39 married years (and 46 total since we started "going steady") is taking great care of me, so my life is good.

But really, who knew??? I sure didn't...
Bkeepr

Postby Patria » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:15 pm

Hope you get well soon!
Patria

Postby Lightening Bug » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:47 am

Ouch! That is not anything one would expect to get. Any idea about how you got it?

Get better soon and have a belated anniversary.

Take care and BE WELL. :D
Lightening Bug

Postby Bkeepr » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:06 pm

Lightening Bug wrote:Ouch! That is not anything one would expect to get. Any idea about how you got it?

I have two of many possible causes; the first is age. The second is lack of adequate hydration...and I am convinced that was caused by the water cooler in my office going away about 2-3 weeks ago. I've taken to drinking only my thermos of coffee at work, no water anymore, which apparently caused a blockage in my salivary glands which let the bacteria grow out of control and caused inflammation, fever, and swelling.

That's only the best guess, though.

Jaw still hurts, but the swelling is going down today and I can almost chew food again. On the mend...
Bkeepr

Postby screamer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:59 pm

We got married on Christmas Eve at noon. Hard to forget. Every year, we go out for lunch and then walk the stores. Clerks and store patrons tend to be in a good mood, making it fun to be out. We were planning a big 25th, but our house burned down a few months earlier. So I am making plans for the 30th. She has been hinting about a winter vacation in a tropical area. So, I have been gathering info about dates and places. Frankly, I would like to see Cuba or Puerto Rico. Perhaps Spain. I guess I am not that adventurous.

Rlier
screamer

Return to General Discussion