Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

4 am

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

4 am

Postby mowmud » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:10 am

Just spent the last 1/2 hour outside without a coat on. Brisk, to say the least. Especially without a fire going.

What I like about it is that it's already getting light out! Nights are short. About another two weeks until summer and the days start getting shorter.

It may be chilly out... but the options on the other end of the scale are a distant memory and in the distant future.

Planted my own rhubarb yesterday. If it works out, I won't have to hit up my neighbors patches anymore.

Follow up on the Golden Rain Tree that I whacked with the lawnmower late last summer: It appears my patch is working, I think its going to make it.
mowmud

Re: 4 am

Postby Texas » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:33 am

Brisk? In June? Ok send me some brisk and Ill send you some heat!

We've hit 100 several days now. And even back in May it was high 90's.

We are in a "moderate" drought. I baled a 10 acre field for my son and we typically get 14-20 rolls. I got 8. Need rain. AND BRISK! :)

Red
Texas

Re: 4 am

Postby mowmud » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:18 pm

My Ma lives in Grenada,Ms and its the first time the reservoir has been topped off in 10 years or so. Yeah, I know about water woes. I couldn't live in your heat. My well is only 11 feet deep. Takes a really hot dry summer to run my well dry. It does happen though. My well is about the only thing I haven't worked on, on this property. Cold and windy today too.
mowmud

Return to General Discussion