Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

I have cows!

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

I have cows!

Postby smugpug » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:03 pm

I have an agreement with my neighbor and we workex together to fence in my couple acre Barnyard pasture and he is going to graze his cattle there. It is really exciting to see after all these years some cattle in my Barnyard pasture.
One of them found a hole in the part of the fence that he had not finished yet and got out but it went right back in after it was confronted. But they are extremely happy as the grass is high in Lush and they are eating like crazy.
smugpug

Re: I have cows!

Postby screamer » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:58 pm

We have been raising a small heard of cattle for about 10 years now. About 4 years ago, we got a small Hereford Bull calf in anticipation of our then Bull going to the Butcher shop. Well "Brahms" has come up through the ranks and the previous bull was in the freezer last year this time. We turned Brahms loose with the girls. We now have three cute little white face angus/highland/hereford cross calves and hopefully, one more on the way. Seeing those little calves try to run together on their unsteady legs is one of the rewards for all the work that goes into them. I wanted to put cow bells on them all to hear that quaint tinkling from them grazing. Mrs. Said the neighbor's houses are closer to the pasture than ours and they might view it as a major midnight clanging.
screamer

Return to General Discussion