Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

The Future of KL and Logging in!

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

The Future of KL and Logging in!

Postby Kim » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:19 am

Hello All,

I received a personal email from Gerrit so I figured I would just post my reply here for all to read.

I'm still holding my breath, but yes the logging in seems to be sticking! Meaning you don't have to log in overtime you want to post. I appreciate everyone who continued to post regardless and admire your tenacity. It does take tenacity to be country minded folks and farmers.

We tried to fix the login issue off and on for a few years, even with outside expert help. In the end what fixed it was an update to the operating system of our web server. The KL server and the YT server are one and the same, we had put off the update as long as we could because serious changes had to be made to YT first. Anyway, after much work we upgraded the YT / KL operating system and lo-and-behold the login issue of KL fixed itself! So I can't take credit for it, but am jumping up and down in joy like many of you.

As for the future of KL, brought up in another post further down, well of course KL is still going to be around and always will. Even if everyone leaves it will still be here :D because I'll still be here, God willing! I read just about every post.

That said, if any of you get bored this winter have a look through our old KL topics that go as far back as the first discussion board here. We've saved pretty much everything anyone has ever talked about and so much of it is endearing, enduring and still applies today. Except for a few colorful posts I may have missed swinging the skillet at. The archives are in a rather archaic format, but so am I ... here is the link:

http://www.kountrylife.com/Topics/index.htm

Take care everyone,
Kim
Kim

Re: The Future of KL and Logging in!

Postby Red Dave » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:38 am

Kim, as a long-time poster I want to Thank You for your continued efforts and support to keep KL open. It is much appreciated!
Red Dave

Postby Gerrit » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:34 pm

Thanks Kim & Chris for all you do!
Gerrit

Postby Lightening Bug » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:33 pm

Kim and Chris I thank you for KL. Unlike other sites you allow us to talk with one another in a special, heartfelt way.

I've been here for awhile and have learned from other KLers about their needs, and my needs, and have myself been informed by them.

Once again, just know KLers appreciate this site and hope it will continue. Just know you have let us talk together in unique way..

Take care and be well. Thank goodness you are here..:D
Lightening Bug

Postby mowmud » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:29 am

Whoot! Great news to start the day! :D :D
mowmud

Postby Bkeepr » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:46 am

Kim,

you've made my day with your post, thank you. Counting on my fingers just now, I'm closing in on 20 years of reading and posting on KL and YT. I've learned a lot, laughed a lot...and felt your skillet breeze by my head once or twice. :lol: You've built quite a community here, and I--we-- appreciate it more than you may realize.

peace,

Bkeepr Tom A
Bkeepr

Postby Salmoneye » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:22 pm

Add my thanks, Kim...

This place has been family for decades now...

We've lost a few, gained a few...

It's still my 'home page', and the first thing I see when I open this browser...
Salmoneye

Location: The Spooky House At The End Of The Lane With Grass Growing Down The Middle

Postby nadx » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:14 pm

thank you so much for the update
nadx

Postby Coffee » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:52 pm

Thank you Kim and Chris for keeping this Forum going. It (the Forum) has been a dose of reality, among other things. Be well, stay well. Coffee.
Coffee

Postby Bamabear » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:55 am

Thanks Kim , the logging in part does not bother me.... thank you for this forum,, I love it....
Bamabear

Postby GazaGuru » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:27 pm

Thanks Kim, you and Chris do a great job.

Wylie
GazaGuru

Postby Alias » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:41 am

Add my name to the list of thankful members. Thanks for keeping K/L on the net and double thanks for making the LOGIN thingy history.....gfp
Alias

Postby kyle18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:09 am

add my name also - THANK YOU
kyle18

Postby Patria » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Lots of memories!

Thank you, Kim!
Patria

Postby GeneSC » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:40 am

Thanks Kim for keeping KL open, this has been my homepage for over 9 years, and we
have arranged several "gatherings" in different states and spent several days meeting
the good people on here and we (wife and I) have enjoyed meeting everyone that was able to attend. a few are no longer with us (Smitty, George in Texas, and another guy from Tenn. I can't recall his name) and maybe others that I don't know about, but I am
blessed to have met all those that I have, and it was all possible because of KL
Thanks Kim
GeneSC
GeneSC

Next

Return to General Discussion