Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Ah. Late night posting

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Ah. Late night posting

Postby mowmud » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:40 am

About the only time I'm able to look in and actually post something. I'm glad that Momma is here now, as time consuming as it is, I would not want it any other way.

That's not my beef. People seem to have this overwhelming need to tell me what to do. You know... I don't mind changing things in my house to accommodate wheel chairs and related devices, don't bother me a bit. Done.

Please don't tell me how to organize my kitchen cabinets, pantry, towel closets and the such. My way has worked since I moved out of her house when I was 16 or so. I moved out because my ways were different. I moved out respectably. No grief. Now on the other hand, after a good number of years, I have established myself,now there is a need for her to move in with me. I have no problem with that, but don't you think she could live the way I do instead of trying to turn it into what I moved away from? We live comfortably here. The biggest challenge is the amount of stairs in and around the house and minimal level surface outside. Not to mention the N wind. She don't like the cold. Inside though, there is room for all. Its not crowded.

As for the late night posting, well let me tell you this. Say I'm bored during the day, maybe jump on the 'puter and rack up a few rounds of solitaire, well according to Ma, I'm "Back at the devil machine." Jeepers Creepers, give me a break. Maybe she is getting a touch of the cabin fever. We've only had 3 days that were warm enough to go out and sit on the upper deck since shes been here.

Yup. Me posting (venting) helped to figure out the situation. Cabin fever. She spent a lot of time in hospitals this past summer.

She has the cabin fever... I got the spring fever. Like I've always said, I like the change of seasons.
mowmud

Return to General Discussion