Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Amazon Prime

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Amazon Prime

Postby wsmm » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:27 am

I seem to remember when 2 day shipping meant you usually got your product within a couple of days of ordering it. Now they claim they still deliver it in 2 days when it is shipped, it's just that it takes up to a week or so before they ship it after you order it. Oh well the shipping is still free, just wished it was faster.
wsmm

Re: Amazon Prime

Postby Bkeepr » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:46 am

Wow, I am surprised to read that! We often receive our orders the next day, and it is very rare that it takes longer than two for us. I am always amazed at how fast they are...
Bkeepr

Postby Red Dave » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:46 am

Amazon has warehouses all over the country, and they also work with third party sellers. You have to read the description carefully to find out if you are buying it from Amazon or a third party, sometimes it's not real obvious. I think it depends on what you order, who you buy it from and where it is shipped from.

I've had things that take a week or more to get here, yet I ordered something Sunday and received it on Monday just two days ago. It's hard to tell what will come quickly and what will take a while, I've never been able to tell which warehouse something will come from.
Red Dave

Postby Bamabear » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:42 am

I am well pleased with Amazon Prime, get what I ordered fast!
Bamabear

Postby mowmud » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:44 pm

They are building a brand spanking new warehouse just about 30 miles from me. The wife uses Prime. I guess if it is not fast enough delivery, I could go to the warehouse and pick it up. I'm not that impatient though.

My son needs to go there and hunt up a j-o-b.
mowmud

Return to General Discussion