Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Weird stuff

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Weird stuff

Postby mowmud » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:01 am

My cat. I have a short sidewalk that runs along the side of my garage. It is 5 average size squares long.

I come strolling back down through there... 1st square, cricket... 2cnd square, frog... 3rd square, grasshopper... getting closer to the house now, 4th square, chipmunk... last square, my cat sitting there... with a small snake.. in its mouth and the snake was all twisting around his head.

Now how this is not unusual... I don't plan on seeing it all at one time.

Walking down that sidewalk felt a bit like a procession. I do my best to appreciate all life.
mowmud

Re: Weird stuff

Postby mowmud » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:29 pm

Kinda the same topic.. but what the hay, I started it.

I finally got around to trimming my dogs nails last night. He don't get a whole lot of exercising no more, since I've become a homebody. His claws will get as long as a small bear.

I made 18 of 20 before I got into the quick of one. He let me go ahead and finish the last one, then I went for the flour. I swabbed his paw pretty good and let him go run around again.

Needless to say, I got blood everywhere, on everything he can jump on, it looks like a flat out murder scene around here.

It did finally stop bleeding by the time I let him back in. We both need more exercise... fun exercise, not work exercise. His toenails would be self regulating and my spirit would be better.
mowmud

Postby Coffee » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:05 pm

That's funny, the weird has really hit home here, too. My dog has a grooming appointment next week. Her groomer is very thorough (and expensive). I just hope my dog can stand up to it because she is pretty old and has gotten lazy this summer.
The national news has been weird. Enough said.
Watched a weird 'youtube' video this morning, "Get Your Kicks on Route 66" by Depeche Mode.
Heard of a weird WI ghost story so I had to look it up. I'll give a little introduction & then try a link. "Bloody Bride Road" is actually Highway 66. There really is a Hwy. 66 in WI. Nobody at the Stevens Point Police Dept. has any recollection of a bride ever having been killed on this road. This is a ghost story from my home State I never heard of before. https://www.unexplainedresearch.com/fil ... ridge.html Yeah, there's a summer ghost story for you :D
Coffee

Postby Coffee » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:30 pm

Hmmm, the link didn't work out as expected. If anyone wants to read the story, I'd recommend searching for "unexplained research Wisconsin" and that should take you to the site. Then click on "spectrology," which means the study of ghosts. Then click on "Wisconsin," scroll way down to Stevens Point and "Bloody Bride Bridge." The first time you read it, you might get goose bumps.
Coffee

Postby sunfighter » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:37 am

mowmud wrote:Kinda the same topic.. but what the hay, I started it.

I finally got around to trimming my dogs nails last night. He don't get a whole lot of exercising no more, since I've become a homebody. His claws will get as long as a small bear.

I made 18 of 20 before I got into the quick of one. He let me go ahead and finish the last one, then I went for the flour. I swabbed his paw pretty good and let him go run around again.

Needless to say, I got blood everywhere, on everything he can jump on, it looks like a flat out murder scene around here.

It did finally stop bleeding by the time I let him back in. We both need more exercise... fun exercise, not work exercise. His toenails would be self regulating and my spirit would be better.

Since we rescue dogs, we are constantly trimming nails and sooner or later, we'll strike blood. We found that this stuff works great. :)
Attachments
s-l1000.jpg
s-l1000.jpg (38.76 KiB) Viewed 282 times
sunfighter

Postby mowmud » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:07 pm

Thanks sunfighter. I kinda knew they made a store bought fix, but never knew what to look for. Now I do.

I've always used flour. Self rising type. I've even used flour on bellybuttons of dogs during the birthing process.That stuff you show, is for dogs, cats... and birds too. Who would of thunk a bird could bleed?

Just a note to clarify: We always have the dew claws removed. He has only 16 nails. I mucked up on the 15th one. When your trimming nails... it is hard to keep count.
mowmud

Return to General Discussion