Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

wednesday at the farm

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

wednesday at the farm

Postby nadx » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:09 pm

the critters on our farmstead / family property were caught off guard by our arrival to do our lawn work on a weekday. i have never seen so many critters in abundance so i can only assume they figured we oeuldnt be donw mid week.

pulled up in the car, front yard there strolled a big bob cat. yup, tried to get a photo but he went inti the woods and was ghost. next nephew almost stepped on a snake. then i found a baby box turtle, then working on my paths i had another baby snake cross right in front of me.

found a nice hawk feather too. did a little shooting with my dad's .357 magnum, and worked all day....weather here in missouri has been utterly gorgeous!

hope all is well with you!
nadx

Re: wednesday at the farm

Postby mowmud » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:31 pm

I think that maybe the farm is gonna like you. Maybe you'll start liking the farm. Sounds like a wonderful place. Get to the country, its good for the spirit. All the way around.
mowmud

Postby nadx » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:08 pm

need to get back there, but its deer season and I don't want get shot,,,we got some folks that hunt it---one guy already took a 10 pointer with his cross bow...

I am hankering to get back down and work the paths while the bugs and snakes are gone!
nadx

Postby positronium » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:12 am

The more time you spend there the more you will love it... It will grow on you...

I was a city person till I bought this ranch, farm, spread (whatever) and now after many years here I wouldn't want to live anywhere else....
positronium

Postby mowmud » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:02 am

Digging holes and building roads. You do it long enough, it starts to get nice. What some city folk would call a foot path or trail, I call a road. No more bushwhacking. I don't mind bushwhacking, but if your gonna live there, you may as well make it easier.

Maybe think about getting a metal detector and searching what appear to be high traveled areas. Front porch entrance, back door, or even around any old place that looks like it may of had human activity. Usually front yards and much are better for searching than around an old forge or farm shop. Go to the country young man. :idea: I don't get to call too many folks on this site young. :idea:
mowmud

Return to General Discussion