Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

"Little Hawk and The Lone Wolf"

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

"Little Hawk and The Lone Wolf"

Postby Coffee » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:44 am

All I know is I listened to one chapter of this memoir by Raymond Kaquatosh (a Native American born in 1924) on WI Public Radio yesterday. I liked what I heard. Raymond came from Neopit, WI, which has a population of about 615, and is in the Menominee Reservation. There are like two love stories in there, the love for his pet wolf and the love for his wife. At one point, Raymond is refused service in a bar. Raymond is a veteran of the Marines, both World War II and Korea, as I understood it. The bartender who refused him service because he was Indian, got fired, and apparently tried to make amends later. That does sound like true Wisconsin, back in the day. Good day "KL" folks. Mark.
Coffee

Re: "Little Hawk and The Lone Wolf"

Postby mowmud » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:57 pm

Once again, after many times in the past, a person makes decisions based on perceptions of the way they think 'they' are. Nothing seems to be based on the actions of the actual person.

I think the government thrives on these derisions. Gives them a 'job'. Everybody I know doesn't look at skin color as a indicator of a persons intent or spirit. It is the actions which determine a person.

Communication skills are very important too. Whats that old saying? When in Rome, do what the Romans do. My point being... don't bring all the city crap out here.

I think we should fire up 'Ole Sparky' just a few miles south of here. France had a good thing going with the guillotine. Nothing wrong with a gallows either.

Mark people in a different way.

If after proven with no doubt, first offense... you lose a finger.

Second offense: Two more fingers on opposite hands, public stoning, and ostracization.

Third: If they haven't learned by now, there is no hope. 3 strikes... you are done.

Doesn't matter what color you happen to be, if your a criminal, you probably won't live to a ripe old age on 'death row'. Be done with this garbage.
mowmud

Postby Coffee » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:55 pm

Well, we now have hate crime laws and statutes about violations of a person's civil rights.
I might have passed through the Menominee Reservation on a trip with my family when I was young. Dad did quite a bit of driving on his State job, so he wanted us to see some things he'd seen. So as a kid, I got to see places like Holy Hill near Milwaukee, the Door peninsula, the marker about the last passenger pigeon, Rhinelander, Copper Falls, Duluth, Split Rock lighthouse, etc. (This is just general yakking :) ) I remember a place where there was a pretty crumbling red rock. I think it was red granite. Sometimes red granite is just rotten, the crystals don't hold together well. A sign by the rock said that when this crumbling rock has all disintegrated, there will be no more Menominee people.
Coffee

Postby Coffee » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:24 pm

Few things in this world get to me like stories about dogs.
Coffee

Return to General Discussion