Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Nature

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Nature

Postby mowmud » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:51 pm

Now that voting is done, I sit and listen to the dogs toenails clicking on the concrete floor.
I feel a need to get outside. Nothing is frozen yet. I'd rather hear the dogs toenails clicking on ice.

You go to the ice, you better bring the fold up chair with you. You may be there for a while. Never forget a lighter. Flint and steel works... it seems to be best relying on new technology. Fits in the pocket. I always tramp about with no less than two lighters and a minimum of one flashlight.

Have you ever lit up a bunch of cattails?
mowmud

Re: Nature

Postby mowmud » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:56 am

It seems we have a good stretch of fair weather on our way. I'm gonna unwrap the pile of logs and give it some heck, some more heck. I did, what I believe to be the last mowing of the year today. Garage is still a mess, but it is all small light stuff. Heavy stuff is moved. Everything moves around here. It is only a matter of time. The cold and snow was already starting to depress me. Its early, usually it takes to me about to February to get like that. I've been hunkered up in the house ...WAY to long. That ain't the way I am.

Reminds me... I gotta stock up on non-ethanol fuel again. The tank on the saw is full, but I'll need more... Mo Gas.
mowmud

Postby positronium » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:39 am

I don't ever use non ethanol fuel because it is too expensive. ..So far I haven't had any problems associated with ethanol fuel...
positronium

Postby kyle18 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:27 am

wife fills her car every 2 weeks with ethonol free - it`s a CAMRY so dosen`t use much - here in N.C. near the S.C. border we have 60 today with 50 tonight and goin to 50 tomorrow day - have a good winter you`ll
kyle18

Postby positronium » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:58 pm

kyle18 wrote:wife fills her car every 2 weeks with ethonol free - it`s a CAMRY so dosen`t use much - here in N.C. near the S.C. border we have 60 today with 50 tonight and goin to 50 tomorrow day - have a good winter you`ll
Does she get better mileage with non ethanol?
positronium

Postby lamar fudd1 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:13 pm

I know I get better mileage from ethanol free gasoline (about 10%) BUT it's not worth the 50¢ a gallon 'penalty'. Problem with rthanol gas is it absorbs water-humidity-and that plays havoc with seldom used engine carburetors. Any cork gaskets in your fuel system? The solvent for cork is alcohol and ethanol makes those gaskets deteriorate.
lamar fudd1

Postby positronium » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:18 pm

lamar fudd1 wrote:I know I get better mileage from ethanol free gasoline (about 10%) BUT it's not worth the 50¢ a gallon 'penalty'. Problem with ethanol gas is it absorbs water-humidity-and that plays havoc with seldom used engine carburetors. Any cork gaskets in your fuel system? The solvent for cork is alcohol and ethanol makes those gaskets deteriorate.
It does absorb water and all those other things you mention I just run everything out of gas before storing and never store ethanol gas for anything other than my snow blower which I would use regularly soon...If ehhanol gas is stored too long the watr-alcohol can be separated by pouring in a clear mason jar and watching it as it will settle down to the bottom of jar....I do that with my chainsaw gas always....just in case there is water in it..
positronium

Return to General Discussion