Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

And I thought I spend too much on birds!

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

And I thought I spend too much on birds!

Postby littleguns » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:05 pm

I spend a lot of money feeding birds and sometimes think I'm a little nuts to do so. But some rich Chinese guy just paid a record $1.9 million for a racing pigeon from Belgium. He's supposedly the same guy who paid well over a million for the previous highest priced bird. I guess my $22 for 50 pounds of black-oil sunflower seed ain't so bad, and I don't even have to keep track of where my birds have raced off to. ;)
littleguns

Re: And I thought I spend too much on birds!

Postby Bkeepr » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:04 pm

Man o man, yeah that is a guy who is into his hobby.

We feed the birds, too, year round. Black oil sunflower in two feeders, and a wild-bird mix in another...and hummingbird juice in 2 feeders during the Spring thru Fall. I thought it was a lot of money before I read your post. Thanks for setting me straight!
Bkeepr

Re: And I thought I spend too much on birds!

Postby positronium » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:49 pm

littleguns wrote:I spend a lot of money feeding birds and sometimes think I'm a little nuts to do so. But some rich Chinese guy just paid a record $1.9 million for a racing pigeon from Belgium. He's supposedly the same guy who paid well over a million for the previous highest priced bird. I guess my $22 for 50 pounds of black-oil sunflower seed ain't so bad, and I don't even have to keep track of where my birds have raced off to. ;)
A racing pigeon??? WOW! I didn't know they existed...Oh well, live and learn... I love to feed the birds in winter And I thought I spent too much for that rotisserie chicken....lol
positronium

Return to General Discussion