Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Pie Poll - Just fer Fun.....

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Re: Pie Poll - Just fer Fun.....

Postby Lightening Bug » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:48 pm

Don't eat pie often. But when I get cheese cake pie I get it with fresh sliced strawberries on top.

I like homemade pudding, especially strawberry with strawberries in it.

Take care. :D
Lightening Bug

Postby Bkeepr » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:53 am

If anyone is interested in the buttermilk pie recipe that I mentioned, you can email me at

Bkeepr at aol dot com

Please make sure you spell Bkeepr same way I do, because there are a couple of us on aol, and at least one doesn't forward mis-addressed email to the others.

If anybody else does email for the recipe, put something in the subject line so I know it is from KL and about buttermilk pie...that way if it ends up in my spam folder, I will recognize it and not delete by accident.
Bkeepr

Postby positronium » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:14 am

My girl friend once made me a hickory nut pie and it was the most delicious pie I have ever had. She must have loved me a lot because I can't imagine the amount of hickory nuts one would have to crack to get enough for a pie...It must have took her a week lol ....Anyway we are still together after almost 40 years. Her blueberry pie is still my favorite..
positronium

Postby Patria » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:34 pm

Bamabear wrote:Mom used to make fried pies, apple and some chocolate, chocolate were great, sugar, cocoa and butter. mmmmmm not fattening, lol

Deb, never knew our Puertorican 'pastelillos' dish was called fried pie, in English! Actually, I search for American recipes often and never came across them until today that I actively looked it up. Do you make them?

If you have time do a search for 'pastelillos puerto rico' and then hit images. You can fill them with anything at all- but that you knew already! They are great filled with leftover beef stew/chicken. Ground beef. Sweets. Pizza 'fried pie'? Mmmm lol

Most of the times I buy the turnover shells from a factory here in the island.

Btw, I want to try your Mom's chocolate fried pie.
Patria

Postby nadx » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:08 pm

so many good pies listed--yes peach pie (as was noted) and key lime pie are some of my faves,,,,hmm now I want to try some of the ones listed I haven't tasted
nadx

Postby nadx » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:18 pm

positronium wrote:My girl friend once made me a hickory nut pie and it was the most delicious pie I have ever had. She must have loved me a lot because I can't imagine the amount of hickory nuts one would have to crack to get enough for a pie...It must have took her a week lol ....Anyway we are still together after almost 40 years. Her blueberry pie is still my favorite..

hickory nut pie sounds incredible
nadx

Postby Doris~GC » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:18 pm

Pecan is my all-time favorite! Second in line-Blackberry Cobbler!!!!!
I'm not saying I won't eat any other, but I would pick the above two first!

Doris~GC
Doris~GC

Postby kyle18 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:39 pm

if we`re talking about HOLIDAY pies well than mine won !!
kyle18

Postby positronium » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:36 pm

nadx wrote:
positronium wrote:My girl friend once made me a hickory nut pie and it was the most delicious pie I have ever had. She must have loved me a lot because I can't imagine the amount of hickory nuts one would have to crack to get enough for a pie...It must have took her a week lol ....Anyway we are still together after almost 40 years. Her blueberry pie is still my favorite..

hickory nut pie sounds incredible
Believe you me, It is great and it would be my favorite pie if it could be easily obtained....
positronium

Postby Bkeepr » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:19 am

kyle18 wrote:if we`re talking about HOLIDAY pies well than mine won !!

Not til the results are certified by the States... You must be trying to steal the election.

LOL
Bkeepr

Previous

Return to General Discussion