Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Local lore part 2

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Local lore part 2

Postby nadx » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:57 pm

When i first saw mowmuds thread title of "local lore" i thought of this story. Town is in the area of our family farm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaman_Monster

Kinda neat its on wiki, i had no idea it was.....
I had heard tale of this but id like to find out more
Last edited by nadx on Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nadx

Re: Local lore part 2

Postby nadx » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:08 pm

nadx

Postby Coffee » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:27 am

Once in a while at work, some of us would sit taking a break and talk about aliens and ufos. It was like 3:30 am. The bartender might be done with cleaning up and cashing out at the front desk. He might be playing Pac Man. He might be smoking one last cigarette. Some bartenders wouldn't leave the hotel until the sun was about to come up. At 3:30 am, the front desk guy (night auditor) was chain smoking and working at balancing. He couldn't be off two cents. It was usually quiet in the big hotel at 3:30 am, unless it was a weekend. The hardest time to stay awake was about 4:00 am until 5:00 am. Been there done that.
Coffee

Postby nadx » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:33 pm

coffee good story!

p s i found one more website with this story

https://cryptidz.fandom.com/wiki/Beaman
nadx

Postby Coffee » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:35 am

Yeah, the teens wanted to see who was gullible enough to see who would come to look at the monster. Right. When you think about it, where in the N. American continent would there be a niche for these supposed bigfoots? There ought to be bodies of these creatures on the forest floor, and, funny thing, there aren't. There might be a Santa Claus, depends on how you define it. I like science and the scientific method.
Hotels usually don't have rooms numbered with a 13 in them. There's urban local lore, too. But hey, this is a country forum.
Coffee

Postby Red Dave » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:22 am

I've long wondered how it is that with all the camera's that have been sold over the past 150 years that there is still not a single, clear, unambiguous photo taken of a Bigfoot. Then, consider that there are at least a billion (probably more) cell phones in the world with built in cameras sold over the last 30 years and still no clear pictures of a Bigfoot. Very few things have ever become as widely pervasive throughout worldwide humanity, in as short a time, as the cell phone. Then, like you said, no remains found either, yet we still are finding skeletons of dinosaurs that lived 60-70 million years ago. Call me a skeptic.

I've been in fancy hotels in big cities that when you get into the elevator there is no 13th floor listed either.
Superstitious architects?
Red Dave

Postby Coffee » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:32 pm

No 13th floor listed? I'll bite. How can there not be a 13th floor? It would have to be listed in the elevator as something, wouldn't it? Suppose firemen have to come and go to the 13th floor. What elevator button do the firemen punch? Suppose a citizen comes in off the street and tells the front desk, there are folks throwing water balloons out of a window on the 13th floor. They're in the second room from the end, down that way. Is the front desk going to say, we don't have a 13th floor? How does that work? Coffee who still dreams at night about working in that 9 story hotel.
Coffee

Postby Red Dave » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:58 pm

Red Dave

Postby Coffee » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:07 pm

Well, that was kind of fun. The front desk sends security to floor 12A or M. I still think it might confuse police or first responders, but there are probably ways around that. Thanks, Red Dave.
Coffee

Postby nadx » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:37 pm

Uhh i just think it is neat story, i dont believe in big foot though lol
nadx

Return to General Discussion