Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

what do you keep your temp set to for the winter?

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Re: what do you keep your temp set to for the winter?

Postby screamer » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:31 am

We keep the upstairs at 70. Downstairs at 66 when no one will be home. 71 otherwise. Our propane tank is ours. We fill it once a year. Been averaging about 500 gallons a year.
screamer

Postby DoItMyself » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:58 pm

Main floor: 68 during the day. Drops to 63 at night (effectively shutting it off).
2nd floor: 68 during the day. System drops to 60 at night (effectively shutting it off).

This time of the year our HVAC system seldom run.

We have two separate systems, main floor and second floor. The master bedroom, Florida room, kitchen, dining room, and formal living room are on the main floor. My office, my wife's office, guest bedroom, and the media room are on the second floor. Since we're in the south, we have heat pumps and air handlers rather than furnaces.
DoItMyself

Postby Doris~GC » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:09 pm

We like it comfortable! I don't want to freeze. We keep ours at:73 at night and 74-75 during the day.
We put new windows in and insulated our house to the hilt.

I'm happy!!!

Doris~GC
Doris~GC

Postby mowmud » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:13 am

Past couple days before I got the 'new' blower working... I've thrown all reserve to the wind. Upstairs propane, going full throttle, downstairs propane, going 3/4 throttle, electric oil filled heater, going full bore, looks like a radiator out of an old house, I even have an electric toaster sized heater that I keep by my legs. Yup, that one is going full bore too. Alright I'm starting to sweat with all my outdoor gear on. I wish you all well. Time to get out.
mowmud

Previous

Return to General Discussion