Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Prizes to get COVID shots -- OK or not?

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Prizes to get COVID shots -- OK or not?

Postby littleguns » Fri May 28, 2021 6:26 am

Putting aside your own views of the merits and demerits of COVID vaccination, what do you think about tax money being spent to incentivize unvaccinated folks to get the jab? Prizes include lottery tickets, free passes to sporting, entertainment and other events, free fishing licenses, free passes to theme parks and other pay-to-play venues, etc. If you hate the whole shots thing, how do you like your tax money being spent to bribe people to get the shot? If you already got your shots, do you feel sort of ripped off of a chance at valuable prizes? Or is the whole incentive idea great to get more shots out there?

(I'm not trying to set off an angry debate about COVID shots in general; I'm just curious about views on the latest efforts to get people vaccinated. ;) )
littleguns

Re: Prizes to get COVID shots -- OK or not?

Postby Alias » Fri May 28, 2021 12:12 pm

It depends entirely on which side of the fence you're on with regards to getting the vaccination. As for me, I've already had my shots so, I'm not opposed to any expense that has the potential to save lives. Especially, in light of the trillions of bucks the administration is currently pushing through CongR&zz...............gfp
Alias

Postby Lightening Bug » Fri May 28, 2021 12:23 pm

i think some of the prizes offered are too much. I suspect some will get the shots hoping to win a prize. But some people don't think they need a shot or question whether it will create problems. From what I've read there are some problems that have occurred, not many, that are showing up.

And for various reasons some can't take the shots.

Take are. :D
Lightening Bug

Postby Pitch1 » Mon May 31, 2021 6:23 am

Dang, I guess I was just too eager. Could have gotten me a Covid scratch off. I guess it is better that I am protected, never won more that a coupla dollars or a free scratch off when I buy them.
Pitch1

Postby mowmud » Mon May 31, 2021 1:19 pm

I've never even had a flu shot in my life. Never really had a problem with it. With all the people getting vaccinated, if no major problems arise, then yes, I'll get it. Doesn't take a lottery ticket, I'll pay for my shot. Until that day I will maintain my present lifestyle. New York is the worst of them. Beautiful state being destroyed by people that think they know better.

Can you not see the con and the scheme in the whole thing?
mowmud

Postby Pitch1 » Mon May 31, 2021 3:30 pm

I don't see any scheme at all. I see a world wide (PAN-DEM-IC) that has killed millions world wide. That's world wide, not United States,world all nations all people.
Nothing political about it, neither party released or created it, no candidate for any office has or had any control whatsoever over it. Only in the United States are we stupid and gullible enough to deny reality.
The previous administration cut red tape and a couple of provisional vaccines were approved in record time.
This does not denote poor quality or poor effectiveness. On the contrary, billions of these shots have been administered around the WORLD to fight this PANDEMIC, with very few poor reactions. Of course this being the US, people have jumped on these anomalies with both feet,declaring and even worse believing they are the norm.
No one is putting a tracking chip in it.
The only semi legitimate reason at this point for not getting a shot would be spiritual.
Pitch1

Postby Bamabear » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:15 am

If they do that, then they should go back and give everyone who got them first and already a gift, Not fair.... I'll take money, LOL :D
Bamabear

Postby JerryB » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:31 am

It’s not a bad idea. I won $75 with the lotto ticket
JerryB

Return to General Discussion