Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Question for the do-it-yourselfers

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Question for the do-it-yourselfers

Postby mowmud » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:19 pm

I've been a true believer of Nevr-Seize for a long time. A corrosive grease that should never be used for bearings. I use it on lug studs and trailer hitch bolts, nothing that moves. Static grease for the most part. Parts that don't move often, but when you need them to move helps.
My question is, Is there any other products out there that perform as Nevr-Seize?
mowmud

Re: Question for the do-it-yourselfers

Postby Red Dave » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:22 am

I don't know if there is another product like nevr-sieze, but there are several types and brands of it around. Some are made with copper, some aluminum, some nickel or molybdenum, depending on the application.

The thing about it is that it only takes a tiny bit, and if you get it in the wrong place, it gets everywhere. I have a small can of nickel Anti-Sieze that was bought back in the late '60's and it's not empty yet. Even with all the cars, trucks, tractors and various machinery I've had and used it on. It's about the only thing that will work on exhaust systems.
Red Dave

Re: Question for the do-it-yourselfers

Postby screamer » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:57 am

Back about 1985, I purchased a pint can of Nevr-Seize at a machinist supply place. I used it on threads that were subjected to corrosion. Muzzle loader breech plugs, percussion nipple threads, etc. On farm equipment, especially where I had to cut off the old bolts because they were too rusted to turn. It does get all over everything so it must be used very sparingly. I think I still have about 90% of the can. Years ago, I kept a box of flat toothpicks next to the can, to use to apply the stuff.
screamer

Return to General Discussion