Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Update on my Ma

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Update on my Ma

Postby mowmud » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:57 am

I think all of yall know, she is in a nursing home now. When she was taken in, I told them she's the Dennis the Menace type.

Two weeks back, she had to be moved to a special unit. Nothing health wise, just 'exit seeking' ... my Ma is trying to escape. She is wheelchair bound. Where is she going?

Got a call yesterday, she attacked another older lady in the great room, a general big space for folks to gather and have fun, this is boggling my mind.

I've heard of kids getting expelled out of kindergarten... but I think my Ma might be getting expelled out of the nursing home... :?

Then I gotta deal with it again. This is not the way my Ma was. She is not the same person.
mowmud

Re: Update on my Ma

Postby Bkeepr » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:34 am

mowmud,

I'm sorry for you needing to worry about all this. I'm also sorry for your mother, because I'd guess she must be in some kind of mental pain to be acting the way that she is--so different from herself. Hang in there...
Bkeepr

Postby Red Dave » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:51 am

I think I remember you saying that she was suffering from dementia. That changes some peoples personality. Just try to remember her as she was, she is not herself at this point.
Red Dave

Postby Alias » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:51 am

I wish I knew what advice to give but, the only thing that comes to mind is to show your mother how much you love her...........gfp
Alias

Postby Bamabear » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:53 am

So sorry to hear this, can they not give any meds to calm?
Bamabear

Postby Patria » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:50 am

Alias wrote:I wish I knew what advice to give but, the only thing that comes to mind is to show your mother how much you love her...........gfp

I feel like Alias do, and I wish you well, mowmud.
Patria

Postby smugpug » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:38 pm

My father tried to escape when he was in a senior complex. His house had been sold, his vehicle was gone oh, I don't know what he was thinking, but it was extremely sad to see as intelligent a person as he was deteriorate. My sympathies to you
smugpug

Return to General Discussion