Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

An Idea For Mowmud

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

An Idea For Mowmud

Postby Red Dave » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:00 pm

I just read this today. I hadn't heard of it before, but it sounds interesting. I wish I had known about this when my Mom was going through it. I would have given it a try.

Basically, it's this: "For people with dementia, ice cream is far more effective and safe than Prozac, or any other “happy” drug on the market! If you are caring for a loved one with dementia, find out what flavor is their absolute favorite and NEVER RUN OUT OF ICE CREAM!"

Now, this sounded a bit far out to me, but it is direct from the Alzheimer's Association.

It's from here:
https://www.alz.org/media/cacentral/Dementia-Care-45-The-power-of-Ice-cream.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3CASEzGS5V_gedmi0L0Jl76oxwevUStZCEAvjG-HR0ro8qsuNrVGQuvp4

I know that you are going through some of the same challenges with your Mother as I did with my Mom. Maybe this can be of some benefit to you.
Red Dave

Re: An Idea For Mowmud

Postby smugpug » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:33 pm

Sounds like a good treatment to me. Maybe we should give some to our president
smugpug

Re: An Idea For Mowmud

Postby mowmud » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:36 pm

Ice cream works on a wide variety of ailments. When she was here, vanilla with chocolate spread on top was her favorite.

Now I can take it over there, but I have no way of knowing if she gets it or not. This plague is serious BS. I find myself crying because I don't know whats going on with her.

Thanks for you're good thoughts and inspirations. Just a pretty tough time right now.
mowmud

Return to General Discussion