Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Stability

The place to talk with others about topics related to country life and rural living. Ask a question, help with an answer or just share some of your ideas and experiences.

Stability

Postby mowmud » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:07 pm

The last 5 or 6 years in my life have been pretty mucked up. Playing nursemaid to my Ma, really messed me up.
Late June, we were finally able to get her in a nursing home.
Now I try to catch up with things that were neglected.

No more rET. I come in and read quick, but don't always want to take the time to post.

You folks are the granite in my life. Even if I don't agree with your opinion, I'll listen, gives me something more to further research.

I don't stay inside to much anymore. It is getting colder though.

I've learned some new things about Wisconsin.

My explorer, scout side is getting tougher to find. I'm getting old.
mowmud

Re: Stability

Postby smugpug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:48 pm

Getting older myself makes it harder to want to drive around Michigan and explore like I did when I was young. Did climb a couple lighthouses on Lake Huron last month, Presque Isle lighthouses just north of Alpena. There is an older and shorter one, and a newer(100 years or older I think)and another taller one. Great view! Say the largest limestone quarry a few miles north(15,000-20,000 acres) and looked for fossils at Northport State Park. Never been to these places, a safe adventure
smugpug

Postby Coffee » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:34 am

Hey, mowmud, what did you find out about my State? I can be a good listener. Utah and the desert SW interest me. Sometimes Costa Rica. Mosquitoes have been thick here this summer. If you do travel here, be prepared for mosquitoes. Northerners might not be as friendly as Southerners; yeah, consider that. I watched most of "Hoosiers" the other night. Indiana basketball. That was something like how it used to be around here back in the '50s. I thought I saw a Farmall M in "Hoosiers." I can't verify that, though. "Blessings on the sheep dog."
Coffee

Postby smugpug » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:05 pm

You seen right, it was a Farmall M. It was the scene where were grinding sorghum to make molasses
smugpug

Postby Coffee » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:57 pm

Thanks, smugpug. Yes, that was the scene, where the coach got invited out to the farm.
Coffee

Postby mowmud » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:06 am

Coffee- It has something to do with the ground. We all live on kartch up here around the great lakes. It has something to do with the soil. I'll have to get back into my reading again. Refresh my memory, my mind is shot.

My mind is still being worked over with my Ma, but in the mean time I'm trying to catch up with projects that have been neglected over the past 3 or 4 years. There are so many that when I'm going to find a tool to do a job, get the tool and have it in my pocket, and I'll be working on 2 different things before I get back to the original project. I don't mind a rough fix, but I do like to see things in one piece and presentable.

Thanks to you also smug.

:twisted: :twisted: Coffee :P During skeeter season... I'll trade you a truck load of yours for a truck load of mine. :P

Getting to cold for skeeters over here lately. 8-)
mowmud

Return to General Discussion