Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

can't stay logged in

Having problems using the forum? Please post here. This is where you can also make suggestions on the improvement of this Board. Please let us know what we can do to make this better for you.

can't stay logged in

Postby REt » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:42 am

first time since last night can post. Don't know if this will make it or not
REt
REt

Re: can't stay logged in

Postby Dieselrider » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:25 am

Having the same trouble here. I have to log in each visit or I can't post. I hope this can be straightened out.
Dieselrider

Postby YTSupport » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:08 am

Yes, I agree since I had to log into post this. Looks like it's an ongoing problem. I'll look at it today. It may mean we need to move this connection to our bigger YT circuit. This server was on a different circuit and we thought it would be okay to leave it there. It may have been a bad assumption. I'll know more today.
YTSupport

Postby Red Dave » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:46 am

YTSupport wrote:Yes, I agree since I had to log into post this. Looks like it's an ongoing problem. I'll look at it today. It may mean we need to move this connection to our bigger YT circuit. This server was on a different circuit and we thought it would be okay to leave it there. It may have been a bad assumption. I'll know more today.

Maybe, but I'm not experiencing slowness, and I'm still getting logged off everytime I leave this site and come back.
Red Dave

Postby YTSupport » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:44 pm

Red Dave wrote:
YTSupport wrote:Yes, I agree since I had to log into post this. Looks like it's an ongoing problem. I'll look at it today. It may mean we need to move this connection to our bigger YT circuit. This server was on a different circuit and we thought it would be okay to leave it there. It may have been a bad assumption. I'll know more today.

Maybe, but I'm not experiencing slowness, and I'm still getting logged off everytime I leave this site and come back.

Hopefully you caught my reply over on General. It's not slowness, you're right, it's also not cookies as I thought, though it probably will relate to one of the cookies. It's a problem many boards have hit using this software and switching to another machine or reinstalling. Appears to have some relation to the browser too but I'm still researching. If I can recreate it I can fix it and it's now easy to recreate based on what you all have said.
YTSupport

Postby Gerrit » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:41 pm

Chris, I'm 99.99% sure It is a cookie issue.

Somehow the session id is not updated in the cookie phpbb3_f58zg_sid. Delete the sid from the address bar and you're logged out.

I'd suggest to check the cookie settings (you're also sending a style_cookie without a value - my phpbb3 installs don't send that cookie)
Maybe purging all sessions will help?
Gerrit

Postby YTSupport » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:23 pm

Gerrit wrote:Chris, I'm 99.99% sure It is a cookie issue.

Somehow the session id is not updated in the cookie phpbb3_f58zg_sid. Delete the sid from the address bar and you're logged out.

I'd suggest to check the cookie settings (you're also sending a style_cookie without a value - my phpbb3 installs don't send that cookie)
Maybe purging all sessions will help?

That is one of the options that is suggested and worked for several sites after moving an instance. The others are to set the script path manually in a way the app doesn't permit leaving the cookie path without the slash. We never had to worry about the fact that it was not set correctly. This may be related to that.

I was going to announce that I may do all of these about 4:00 am when hopefully not too many people are on. I'm not comfortable that clearing and changing the settings won't bring about another problem that seems to be related where some usernames stop working, or at least log those out who aren't having a problem (I have the problem on Safari, Mac Firefox, IE 8, and PC Firefox so I'm surprised everyone isn't having this happen, does suggest the session table). There is a good thread on this over this (12 pages long) on phpbb.com of people having upgraded or moved a phpbb3 instance. We match some of the symptoms right now. I'm up to about page 8!

I never have noticed where you can inhibit that style cookie. I'll research that while I wait to try out these other changes.
YTSupport

Postby Gerrit » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:46 pm

Purging the session table might do the trick, especially since like you say not all users have the 'stay logged in' problem.

The style cookie (it might have nothing to do with the other issue) can be related to a not applied update to the style file. A manual update might help ( http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2006985 ).
Gerrit

cant stay logged in

Postby boakygeassy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:25 am

That didnt work so I deleted everything and tried again but just cant stay logged into this forum, and this forum only. I belong to many other forums and have no problems with those.
boakygeassy

Return to Technical Issues & Suggestions