Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Status on the auto-logout feature

Having problems using the forum? Please post here. This is where you can also make suggestions on the improvement of this Board. Please let us know what we can do to make this better for you.

Status on the auto-logout feature

Postby YTSupport » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:36 am

I've turned this over to the people who developed this software. It has something to do with our new server and it's configuration, but it's not clear exactly what it is. Though many have experienced this problems for configuration issues with their forums, all the solutions have been tried and don't apply. I am still waiting for one of the support folks from the forum developers to reply in the discussion series I've been having with him. No response for two days.

In the meantime though, I've done some testing, which has served to prove what the problem isn't. Nothing is getting to what the problem is yet though. For the more technical folks, it likely to have something to do with our php and/or web server configuration. The leads I've followed on that haven't shown any light.

Bottom line is it's still ongoing and we haven't stopped devoting a good percentage of the day to try and sort it out. You'll know we've had progress when you don't have to login, leave a tab open to the site, or bookmark the long string that contains "sid=" at the end.
YTSupport

Re: Status on the auto-logout feature

Postby Dieselrider » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:54 am

Not sure if you did something different this morning but, I just came back online, came to the site and am still logged in from before. I don't know if it will stick but, this is the first time since the switch that I have been able to do that.
Dieselrider

Postby REt » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:28 am

Dieselrider wrote:Not sure if you did something different this morning but, I just came back online, came to the site and am still logged in from before. I don't know if it will stick but, this is the first time since the switch that I have been able to do that.

It worked for me early this morning. 3 hrs later, it does not work .
maybe your luck will be better than mine
REt
REt

Postby Dieselrider » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Same here Ret. She's el- broko again!
Dieselrider

Postby HRH » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:11 pm

I really don't understand why everybody is so upset over this. My browser remembers the log-in info. I click the Log In button on the page here. I click a button on my browser to provide the information and I'm logged in. I then click the View New Posts button here and I'm right where I want to be.

<sarcasm>
That's simply too much clicking I tell you. Three tiny movements of my index finger and I see the page I want to see. It's just terrible.
</sarcasm>
HRH

Postby YTSupport » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:27 am

The problem seems to be fixed as of last night. Kim found that there was a bug in the latest couple of versions of php which made it incompatible with some software written for previous versions. One of the risks of moving to the latest versions of software.

Some people didn't have the problem because their bookmark had a value in it that was keeping their login going. Most of us could see it though.

Thanks goes to Kim on this one!

Thanks,
Chris
YTSupport

Status on the auto logout feature

Postby boakygeassy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:54 am

So to make it short, I was playing as the Pyro and lit a raptor on fire.

Said Raptor pounced on me, and actually was pouncing me while ON FIRE. Im not really sure what caused this, all I know is that it happened and the raptor was pouncing me while on fire.
boakygeassy

Return to Technical Issues & Suggestions