Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

All Time Favorite Movies?

You can test a posting here before you place it in the main forums. Useful for practicing picture uploads, fonts, html, or just learning how to post if you are new.

All Time Favorite Movies?

Postby grannygrump » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:30 am

I don't watch movies much anymore, but my favorites have remained the same for years and years.

1. Gone With The Wind
2. Grapes of Wrath
3. Trail of The Lonesome Pine

Two of these came out in the '30s, and one in 1940. I still think they are the best.

Moving ahead a teeny bit, I'm also very fond of:

4. Forrest Gump
5. O Brother, Where Art Thou?

What are your all time picks? gg
8-)
grannygrump

Re: All Time Favorite Movies?

Postby Coffee » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:15 pm

I never saw the movie, "The Grapes of Wrath," but did read the book. It is a story that stays in your mind forever.
The movie "The Longest Day," about D-Day in World War II left a lasting impression on me. So did "Catch 22."
"The Bucket List" was great. I agree with you, grannygrump, "Forrest Gump" was very good. Mark.
Coffee

Re: All Time Favorite Movies?

Postby grannygrump » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:29 pm

Coffee, if you get a chance, you really should see Grapes of Wrath. That's one movie that I think they did a near perfect job of casting the actors. Absolutely love it. I've been looking on the net for a DVD of it, haven't settled on one, yet. I used to have it on a tape, but for whatever reason, can't locate it anymore. Probably loaned it out to the wrong person. I ordered Trail of The Lonesome Pine yesterday. Anxious to get that one and see it again. Luckily, my better half likes these same movies, so no problem there. I do hope you come across a copy of Grapes..., it's every bit as good as the book. gg.
grannygrump

Return to Testing Area