Country Living    Country Living, Country Skills
Country People

KountryLife.com - A Country Living Resource and Community

Menu on/off

Sick G Grandson

You can test a posting here before you place it in the main forums. Useful for practicing picture uploads, fonts, html, or just learning how to post if you are new.

Sick G Grandson

Postby grannygrump » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:35 pm

Caleb just turned 5, & he's been really sick since Sunday. Tummy ache, vomiting, fever, no appetite. His mom took him to the doc and they tested and declared he had a virus, & needed Pedialite, plenty of water, Sprite, etc. Should he better in a couple of days. Well, he didn't get better, still the same. Today, they took him to the ER and they ran tests again, and as it turns out, he has Mono. (I never heard of a child that young having it, but it happens.) They hooked him up to an IV, which was a bit painful, but he fianlly napped during the IV. When it was over, his male nurse removed the needles, and said, "Well, little buddy, I hope you get to feeling a lot better soon." Caleb just looked at him and Caleb's mom asked, "Well, what do you say?" & Caleb looked up with those big eyes and said, "I love you" to the male nurse. Then I guess he thought about what he said, but he looked him square in the eye, and said, "Well I DO! You made me feel better!" I expect that made the nurse's day. Then they talked to the doctor, & he told them it'd probably take him a month to get over the Mono. Just to drink plenty of fluids, and rest a lot, and no rough-housing. That's when Caleb got a big frown, and said, "Oh, man! That means I can't play with Paw Paw!" Anyway, the poor little fellow has had a terrible week of it, & I sure hope the worst is over. gg
grannygrump

Re: Sick G Grandson

Postby grannygrump » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:38 pm

How strange it is that different ones post about sick folks and get many responses. I've not done that but then when my great grandson got so sick, I did tell how sick he was, and about his doctor visits. But you know, I don't think I was surprised that not one solitary KLer made any kind of response, and only 33 even read it. And that took 6 days. Today, I found my original post on the 3rd page, so I guess I have it figured out finally. I'd wondered, from time to time if I'd strayed into a pretty tight clique, and looks like it was so.

Soooooo, knowing I've been in the wrong place, and no one gives a rat's patootie about how sick my young ones are, I won't bother you any more. And I'm sorry I jumped in where you arrarently have to be invited to be accepted. But that's okay, I'm outta here. gg
grannygrump

Postby nadx » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:02 am

had absolutely no idea you posted this, (plus i was on vacation to florida last week when ye did) i hope that your little one is doing much better
nadx

Postby ~Lenore » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:30 am

I had no idea either. Please come back, but post in the discussion section. Hardly anyone checks this section. It is mostly for testing computer stuff before posting in the general section.

Please post again in the General section, we need all our Texans !
~Lenore

Return to Testing Area